Monday, July 28, 2008

Ack I should do more regular updates

I figured out how to post to the blog remotely using my blackberry, so hopefully more posts will come, and more frequently.

We upgraded our netapp filers in 7.2.4 last week, and one of our LUNs had duplicate name mapping - how the hell does that happen? Anyway, all the VMs on that LUN had to be moved after the outage, thankfully nothing serious happened, but it just proves why we have jobs - IT stuff will always be ahead of the knowledge curve of normal users.

Sure they're catching up to IT workers in knowledge, but we'll always be ahead because IT will continue to become more complicated. Users can do a lot of the things for themselves that administrators used to have to do 10 years ago, but now we have more complicated tasks (like managing VMware infrastructure).

Stevie went to Kate's stag party on Saturday night, had to pick her drunk ass up at a Bar :) Hopefully Ken's will be just as much fun. Wait didn't they do these things the first time they got married? I'm glad I didn't know them the first time, because if I'd bought them a gift then, I would have stolen it back and re-gifted it to them.

Got into the Warhammer Online beta - can't discuss further, NDA etc...

No comments: